Easy to make, healthy and oh so delicious! These healthy 4 ingredient banana pancakes are the best!
We love breakfast -it has always been a big part of our weekends.
Before moving to America, we would usually go out for a lazy brunch and coffee. Now, things are a little different and we find it really difficult to find good breakfast places.
American breakfasts tend to be rather greasy too which is something we are trying to avoid! One of our favourite lazy breakfasts is pancakes.
Regular pancakes (although delicious) can often bring in a bunch of extra unhealthy foods; icecream, maple syrup, sugar and chocolate. This is why we have come up with a delicious, simply alternative!
These healthy banana pancakes are a healthier alternative to regular pancakes and only have 4 ingredients, that you probably have around the house. This recipe yields enough for two servings, meaning there is minimum wastage as well!
This recipe was found and adapted from Simply Delicious to suit us. It is definitely a weekend favourite for us, and we guarentee you will LOVE making these together!
- 2 bananas
- ½ cup oats
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- coconut oil or butter for cooking
- Mash bananas in a bowl with a fork until smooth
- Add oats, eggs and baking powder and mix until well combined
- Heat coconut oil or butter in a frying pan until hot
- Spoon some of the banana mixture into the pan
- Cook batter until nice and golden on each side (about 3-4 minutes)
- Serve your banana pancakes with whatever healthy ingredients you desire! We use a healthy version of chocolate sauce (melted coconut oil and dark chocolate), and raspberries, or natural yoghurt and berries with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
Join the Discussion!
-Favourite brunch recipes for home?