Another perfect Christmas side, our green beans with hazelnut garlic butter will be the perfect addition to your day!
Ok, so this is going to be a short post, because I’m kind of starting to run out of things to say for our Christmas posts. Other than the fact that Christmas, and next week we will be BACK IN AUSTRALIA!!!
Oh man we are both so excited to be going home!
Things I’m going to do when I get home:
- Meet my niece for the first time
- Eat all the brunch
- Have at least two coffees per day
- Spend time in Sydney catching up with friends we haven’t seen for about 2 years
- Bask in the sunshine and embrace the Summer food
- Go to the beach and chill
- Have a long deserved catch up with all the family
- Have a long deserved catch up with my bestie
- Go shopping
- Plan and finalise everything for OUR WEDDING!!!!!!!
Seriously cannot wait – it has been way to long!
I’m midly surprised at my ability to keep up with my Christmas posts this month if I’m honest. We have been so busy and there has literally been no daylight. It has been snowing in Portland. SNOWING can’t even deal. Paired with the fact that the sun sets at 4.30, it’s been a miracle that I’ve got to this and haven’t missed a day!
In case you’ve missed it, so far we’ve posted a peppermint hot chocolate, parsley butter potatoes and chocolate bark. And now these super easy crunchy green beans with hazelnut garlic butter.
These beans are so easy to make – blanch, add garlic and butter, add hazelnuts and eat. I love cooking food that is easy to make. Especially at Christmas time, you want to avoid the stress of cooking difficult meals. This dish is also completely customisable depending on how many people you are cooking for.
I found 1/2lb/200g of beans was perfect just for two, but you can easily just up the amounts for more!
So happy Christmas baking! And remember to tag us on Instagram #thehomecookskitchen, we’d love to see your work!
- ½lb/200g green beans
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- ½ tablespoons of crushed hazelnuts
- Top and tail beans.
- Blanch beans - place beans in a large bowl and pour boiling water over them. Sit for 90 seconds, drain then immediately run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Dry off beans with paper towel, wipe our water from bowl and place beans back into it.
- Melt butter for 20 seconds in microwave.
- Add garlic to butter mixture.
- Pour garlic butter over beans and toss.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts.
Join the Discussion!
What are you most looking forward to this Christmas season?