This watermelon mint feta salad, is light, fresh and so amazing for Summer! Combined with a little red onion and a simple balsamic vinegrar dressing, it is a dinner party winner!
No, in all seriousness, watermelon has to be my favourite summer fruit! I freaking love it! Nothing beats biting into a piece of juicy watermelon with it all sloshing down your face, without a care in the world. Best feeling ever!
This is actually an old recipe that I posted on our old blog last year, that I thought needed a little bit more love, because it is such a good salad. I’d forgotten how delicious it was!
I had some leftover watermelon lying in the fridge, and went on a ‘recipes with watermelon making spree’ (if you didn’t see my raspberry watermelon margaritas, you SO should take a look!). I remembered that I had this amazing recipe, and decided to make it for my friends for our 4th of July party!
3 Reasons Why this Watermelon Mint Feta Salad Rocks
- It’s SO easy to make – dice some watermelon, slice some onion and mint, whack is on a plate and it will look amazing.
- This salad is SO refreshing! Seriously amazing for the summer weather.
- It is really light, fresh and healthy and pairs perfectly with a barbeque – we had lamb and pork sausages with ours and it was a match made in heaven!
This salad was a huge hit – our guests absolutely loved it!
It may sound yuck to start with, but OMG it is so amazing! This is a seriously amazing combination, and once you make it, you’ll be wanting to make it again, and again!
This watermelon mint feta salad is best eaten on the night of. To avoid extra sogginess, I would suggest making it just before your guests arrive, and not adding the balsamic vinegar until you are just ready to serve it. Cut watermelon has a tendency to get a lil’ soggy if it sits in the fridge for too long!
So there you have it, probably what will end up being my quota of watermelon recipes for the summer *cries a little* but that’s the problem when you have too many other recipes you want to share!
Speaking of sharing, remember to tag us on instagram #thehomecookskitchen for a chance to be featured! We’d LOVE to see your creations!
Much love and happy summer time – Georgie x x
- 400g/15oz watermelon cut into 1cm/1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint sliced finely
- 40g/1.4oz feta
- ¼ red onion very finely sliced
- juice of ½ a lime
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Place diced watermelon in a large bowl.
- Top with mint, red onion and feta.
- Squeeze lime juice over watermelon.
- Just before serving, drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Join the Discussion!
What are some weird ingredients that you never would have thought went well together but do?