This banana mocha smoothie will give you the morning kick you need! So easy and so tasty!
We love breakfasts on the go! Which is why we love chucking together a bunch of ingredients together and making it a smoothie! Hence why we ended up with this banana mocha smoothie!
I’m writing this article a week before it will be posted, which is why it’s going to sound a little strange! The reason being, is that we were/are away all this week road tripping from San Fransisco to Portland!!! We haven’t done a whole lot of long road trips in America, which is why this trip is so exciting, and is also the reason why I’m writing this article the week before it’s going to be posted!
We needed something that was relatively easy to make this week, because I haven’t had a whole lot of time to plan our blog posts this week because we are away! So I decided that a smoothie was the best way to go.
When I was taking the photos, I decided also that we really don’t have a whole lot of photos of us on the blog just yet, and maybe that, that needed to change! So hence, why I decided for this addition, you’d get more of an insight in the lives of Adam and Georgie, and of course, a pic (of me, because Adam was taking the photo!)
8 things you may not know about us!
- Adam has a phobia of snakes. I hate clowns.
- We once accidentally went to a Michelin star restaurant in NYC without realising – it was amazing!
- We both have a love for good wine, food and music.
- Adam is part Latvian, and I recently discovered my ancestory is British Indian.
- We want a golden retriever so badly…. we’ve already named him Nelson!
- Adam hates the sound of polystyrene. I hate hearing things rub against bad quality carpet.
- We have travelled to Thailand, New Zealand, America, Canada and parts of Australian together, yet collectively we’ve been to 16 countries in total.
- We were originally planned to move to the UK before coming to America.
I’ve decided that we should probably start taking a few more photos of us together on the blog and on our instagram page! So in the next coming months you might see a little more insight into our lives! Maybe! I’m still not sure how I feel about putting photos of us up on the blog just yet… we’ve all got our insecurities ya’ll!
Back to the smoothie. This smoothie is stupidly easy to make, and takes no time at all! Perfect for a morning or afternoon kick when you need a little pick me up! I use a shot of coffee from our Nespreso pods, which roughly gives about 30ml of coffee (or 1 fluid oz). You may need to add a little more ice, our banana wasn’t quite frozen so we added more ice to make it thicker. If you’re into thicker smoothies, add more ice, if you like it a little runnier, add a little more milk!
Banana Mocha Smoothie
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 oz espresso 30ml/1 fluid oz
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips 15g
- 2 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 10 ice cubes
- Melt the coconut oil and chocolate in microwave for 20 seconds.
- Combine bananas, espresso, milk, maple syrup, ice and coconut oil and dark chocolate in a high powered blender and combine until smooth.