This is probably going to be the shortest post ever from us! Mainly because… I forgot that I had to write an article today (my bad!), and because we have friends visiting from AUSTRALIA! And they are arriving in approximately 15 minutes! So I’m a little pushed for time today! And I don’t even know how my photo is going to turn out either so apologies for that – it’s really hard to make something brown look pretty! It’s like trying to make a poo look glamorous!! But, we are human, we forget things and that is absolutely ok! No one is perfect, regardless of how people are portrayed in the media etc. So don’t forget that. So for this weeks F*ck it Friday meal, we have a delicious and easy chicken fried rice for you!
This recipe is kind of fitting actually now that I think of it, because I am in a rush, and this recipe is pretty quick to cook, so if you’re in a hurry, then this recipe will be perfect for you! I know I always tend to say Friday nights are for slow food, but this Friday you are getting a quick comfort meal. I don’t know why, but this chicken fried rice is so amazing! It’s something I always forget to make, but when I do I am in heaven! I don’t know what is it, it’s just a really yummy meal to eat! And excuse the use of the packet rice, but I am SO bad at cooking rice from scratch!
So enjoy, next week I promise I won’t forget, and we will probably have some more cookware by then so I’ll actually be able to do something a little more complex!
Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 cup brown rice, microwave packet is great!
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 slices of bacon, diced
- 1/2 yellow/brown onion, diced
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce, for serving
- 2 green onions, for serving
- Heat coconut oil in a large fry pan over medium to high heat.
- Add onion and cook 2 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Add the chicken, and cook with onion for about 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add bacon and stir through for 2 minutes.
- Add whisked eggs and quickly stir the eggs through the mixture so that they scramble.
- Microwave the rice according to packet instructions.
- Add rice to chicken mix and stir until heated through.
- Serve topped with generous lashing of soy sauce and shallots!