Vietnamese Beef Salad
Our Vietnamese beef salad is light, fresh, quick to make and super easy! Beautiful for a hot summer night or when you're craving a hearty, yet healthy salad!
- 3 cups mix salad greens
- 1 Persian/Lebanese cucumbers juilienned (or half an English cucumber)
- 1.5 oz carrot julienned (about 1 medium sized carrot)
- 1.5 oz snow peas cut into thin slices (about 10 snow peas)
- 2 oz vermicelli noodles
- 1 lbs chuck steak
- 1 tbsp peanuts roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped mint
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 2 tsp white sesame seeds optional
- ½ tsp fresh red chilli finely diced add more for more kick
- 2 tbsp tamari or good quality soy sauce
- 3 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp lime
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Season beef with salt and pepper.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on a large pan or cast iron skillet. Place steak onto a pan, and leave for 4-5 minutes, then flip and repeat on the other side.
Set aside to rest 5 minutes, then slice into thin pieces.
Add mixed salad greens, cucumber, and carrot to a large salad bowl.
Cook vermicelli noodles according to packet instructions. Usually, this just means placing them in boiling water until tender for about 4 minutes.
Run noodles under cold water, drain then add to salad bowl. Combine.
Top salad with beef, snow peas, bean sprouts, then herbs and finally top with peanuts.
Combine ingredients and mix well
Adjust according to taste.
Add dressing to salad, stir through and serve.