Lentil and Halloumi Salad
This lentil halloumi salad is a gorgeous, fresh, light and veggie packed salad. Perfect for any occasion. Emjoy as a main meal, or as a beautiful side dish.
Small Fry Pan
Large chopping board
- 100 g spinach 3.5oz, can use any green mix
- 1 large orange peeled and segmented
- 1 lebanese cucumber diced
- 1 medium carrot peeled into ribbons
- 400 g can of lentils 14.5oz can
- ½ red onion finely sliced
- 180 g halloumi 6oz equivelant, sliced
Tahini Yogurt Dressing
- ¼ cup greek style yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice about half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook the halloumi - heat a small pan over medium heat, and add the halloumi. Cook 3-4 minutes, until browned, then flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutesl Halloumi should be lightly browned.
Make the tahini yogurt dressing by combing the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisking together until smooth. If the dressing is too thick, add a little more water.
To assemble the salad, add the salad greens to a large platter and top with the lentils. Then add the cucumber, red onion and carrot ribbons. Top with the orange segments and cooked halloumi.
Finish by drizzling the dressing over the salad, and add an additional crack of pepper.