Homemade pizza dough ya’ll!
If you’ve been following us, you’ll notice that we do a segment each Friday called “F*ck it Fridays’ where we showcase some delicious comfort food for when you just want to sit down with a glass of wine, and cook something nice together! A while back, we made a delicious Tomato Basil and Mozzarella pizza with our own homemade pizza base.
We thought we would just give you the basic instructions on how to make pizza dough, without the added extras so that you can dress up your pizza as you like!
This pizza dough is really quite easy to make, although it does take a while because the dough has to rise properly before using it. So while it’s rising, it’s a perfect time to have a wine, put your feet up, and put on some Netflix! This recipe makes one 12″ pizza and you can either use plain flour or wholemeal flour for a healthier option. This pizza dough only has 1 teaspoon of sugar too! Just ONE TEASPOON! We love that we have nailed the quantities so that it only makes one pizza! You’ll end up being able to share it, with no wastage!
Winning! Happy pizza baking!
- 1 cup wholemeal or plain flour
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon dried yeast
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 100ml luke warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sift flour into a large mixing bowl and add the salt. Make a well in the centre with a spoon.
- Dissolve the sugar in the warm water
- Once sugar is dissolved, sprinkle yeast over the water and set aside for 2 minutes or until yeast has dissolved. Stir with spoon
- Add the water to the flour mixture and stir.
- Lightly flour hand, add olive oil to the dough and mix with hands until well combined
- Cover with a clean tea towel and set aside in a warm place for about 45-60 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
- Once risen, punch dough down and the roll or press dough into a round 12" pizza tray.
- Add your favourite toppings and pop into a 200C/400F oven for about 10 minutes until golden and crunchy
Join the Discussion!
Favourite pizza toppings GO!