Our easy beef lasagne is just that – an easy to make and darn delicious! Nice and cheesy, well-balanced flavour, and a little bit naughty because we think it’s ok to treat yo self!
Lasagne was never a dish I really had growing up, but it has always been a dish that I’ve loved!!!! And boy was I happy when I went home to Adams place when we first started dating and realised his Mum made the BEST LASAGNE EVER!!!!!!!!!! Sorry Adam, but it’s true, your Mum’s is the best!
In saying that however, Adam’s take on his Mum’s easy beef lasagne is pretty good also! I remember being so happy when I found out Adam could cook! I still remember the first dish he ever made me back when we first started dating – kangaroo, with red wine jus and mashed potato and greens! It was that moment (one of them) when I realised this man was a keeper! Nothing says I love you more than a home cooked meal, no matter where it comes from! Since then, you may know that Adam is the master of panna cotta, risotto and can occasionally make a pretty good salad! Note to self – get Adam to make me more meals!
This lasagne (isn’t lasagne a weird word? when you type it enough it looks wrong) is a simple, easy to make dish, but let me tell you, it takes a little patience. Although it’s easy, it does take time! This dish tastes better the longer you leave it to let all the flavours soak in, so occasionally if we’re not in a hurry we will make it the night before we eat it. Remember we are all about the slow food movement! Most of the time… unless we’re ridiculously hungry!
Our easy beef lasagne is so full of flavour and is the ideal ‘cheat meal’ if you’re looking to treat yourself a little bit! Remember Healthy Pears is all about balance!!!!!! FYI this lasagne is enough for two people, but for 4 meals! Bonus – you get lunch leftovers the next day!
So happy F*ck it Friday and have an amazing weekend! Remember if you make our recipes, tag us on Instagram #healthypears
Easy Beef Lasagne
- 1 packet of lasagne sheets
- 2 tbs of freshly grated parmesan
- 250 g mince
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 stick of celery
- 1.5 cups of beef stock.
- 1 tin of diced tomatoes
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbs of tomato paste
- salt andpPepper to taste
- 2 tbs of butter
- 4 tbs of plain flour
- 1 tsp of seeded mustard
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of grated white cheddar
- Preheat oven to 355F/180C
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large fry pan.
- Sautee onion, carrot and celery in olive oil until onion begins to soften and become opaque. Break up beef mince and add to the onion mix. Brown meat and continue to chop the beef chunks into small pieces. Add beef stock (add a dash of red wine if you wish!), cherry tomatoes, tinned tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Continue to simmer until thickened slightly (about 30 mins)
- Melt butter in saucepan on a medium heat.
- Add flour and stir to form a doughy consistency. If it is too buttery add a touch more flour, and if it is to dry add a small amount of butter.
- Add seeded mustard.
- Fry dough in saucepan for a couple of minutes and start to stir the dough with a wooden spoon ensuring it is evenly combined.
- Add milk and stir continuously. As the milk heats the mixture will thicken and form a white sauce. Remove from heat when thick and add cheese.
- Construct lasagne in an 8X8inch dish with as many layers as you can following th order of meat, pasta, white sauce.
- Make sure leftover white sauce is spread on top of the completed lasagne.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Cook in oven for 40 minutes covered loosely in foil.
- Remove foil and bake uncovered for remaining 20 minutes.
Note - 'prep time' for this recipe includes the cooking time for the meat and white sauce, 'cooking time' is the time taken to actually bake the lasagne!
Join the discussion!
What’s your favourite home cooked meal your loved one/s make?