Super crunchy crust, on a juicy soft chicken thigh! These parmesan crusted chicken thighs are ridiculously easy and so, so good! Perfect for entertaining if you need a quick and simple dinner idea!
Disclaimer: This recipe is an oldie but a goodie. I originally posted this recipe on my old blog last year, but like a lot of my recipes, I’ve decided to give them a revamp and a little bit more love because they are that good!
Current mood: sitting on the couch, watching Titanic, sipping on grapefruit margaritas and feeling sleepy. Thanks body clock for waking me up at 5.30am for NO APPARENT REASON!
Seriously! Does this happen to anyone else? I feel like my subconscious was like ‘hey George! It’s 5.30am, better wake up because you need to clean the house because you didn’t do it last night!’. So there I was 5.45am, cleaning my house.
Whyyyyyyyyy! Please don’t tell me I’m the only one?
As a result, I am super sleepy, and feeling oh so lazy!
But anyways, enough of me, let’s talk about this parmesan crusted chicken.
Aside from posting this recipe last year, I also included it in my most recent menu plan. Why? Because this chicken is just delicious, and crazy easy to make!
A simple combination of butter, Worcestershire and garlic, combined with a panko, parmesan crumb, this chicken is tender, juicy and crunchy all at the same time! It is divine!
I have made this a few times using both chicken thighs and chicken breasts and I love using either. I do sometimes find however that one whole chicken breast is a little too much for me to eat at once, which is why I love to swap out chicken breast to thighs. Chicken thighs are perfect if you are looking to cook for a crowd, because they are smaller and won’t fill up your guests too much aka more room for dessert!
I haven’t trialed the exact quantities with chicken breasts, but I am pretty sure that the quantities for four thighs would be the same for two chicken breasts. I also imagine the cooking time would be similar for chicken breast – approx. 20-30 minutes. It’s always best to check with a meat thermometer or cut one open to find out!
Anyhoo, I reckon it’s bed time for this little chicken! Here’s to hoping my body clock wakes me up at a more suitable time!
Happy Thursday lovelies, and let me know if you make a recipe! I love hearing your feedback! tag me on instagram #thehomecookskitchen – Georgie x x
Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbps parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1/4 cup parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 tbps Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 355F/180C.
- Place chicken thighs on a baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Combine panko crumbs, grated parmesan and parsley in a bowl.
- Melt butter in microwave in increments of 20 seconds until fully melted.
- Add garlic and Worcestershire sauce to butter and stir.
- Using a pastry brush, brush chicken with butter mixture.
- Top with parmesan, panko, parsley mix.
- Bake in oven 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and crust is lightly browned
Over to You!
Are you an early bird or a night owl? what’s your morning routine?