This artichoke salad with goat cheese combines some of my favorite spring flavors into one gigantic, simple salad! This spring salad is jam-packed with some of my favorite spring produce and is a perfect salad for a springtime grill up, picnic or springtime party!
I just wanted to take this moment to tell you guys that I had THE most blissful weekend this past weekend! For the first time in a long time, I didn't have a crazy list of things to do, and the weather was actually just perfect!
On Saturday we chilled at home, cleaned the house and I made a big batch of hot cross buns for the blog (coming Thursday!). We walked Archie early, got coffee then went out for some drinks with our friends.
Then Sunday we went on a 2 hours hike with Archie and some other friends with an 8-month-old Border Collie pup! Archie had an absolute blast! We are working really hard on recall with him and he did...ok.
He was much better off the beaten path where there were fewer doggos but bolted on us a few times to go sniff some butts which we weren't overly impressed with! He also went swimming for the first time and seemed to love it!
I spent Sunday afternoon chilling with Adam and making a new version of this artichoke salad for you!
Amazing how a bit of sunshine can just make everything seem better!
But let's talk about this artichoke salad
I have named this artichoke, bean & goat cheese salad 'spring salad' because it celebrates all the amazing spring foods that are out at the moment.
Artichokes, lemon, asparagus, beans, green onions, fresh mint, eggs, goat cheese...and that's about it.
To me, this artichoke salad screams spring and makes me SO excited for the warmer weather to come!
On that note of flavors, this salad is seriously got some awesome flavor combinations.
I love the saltiness that the artichokes bring out, combined with the creaminess of the goat cheese and zing of the lemon dressing. On top of that, you have the licorice flavor of the arugula/rocket and the crunchiness of the pine nuts. This time around I added some hard boiled eggs for extra protein and because I think they just make the salad SO pretty!
This artichoke salad would pair perfectly with our salmon burgers or a piece of steak with chimichurri sauce! Any protein really, this salad is very versatile!
So anyway, so wrap up this seemingly long blog post (that's what happens when I get motivated, I rant), I hope your March is filled with heaps of good food, recipes, and some serious spring entertaining! - Georgie x x
PS - like a lot of my recipes, you can really change up the amounts. If you like asparagus, add more! If you don't have beans, add more asparagus! Don't like asparagus, add
asparagus more beans. Partner being annoying? Throw asparagus at them! Everything is fixed with asparagus! Ok I'll go now...
Artichoke Salad with Goat Cheese
- 14 oz artichokes 1 can
- 1 cup sliced green beans note 1
- 6 asparagus spears
- 4 cups arugula
- 4 green onions white and green part, finely chopped
- 15 mint leaves roughly chopped
- 3 oz goat cheese note 2
- 2 tbsp lemon juice note 3
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 4 eggs hard boiled
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Place asparagus in an ovenproof dish and drizzle with ½ tbsp of olive oil and some salt and pepper. Bake 15 minutes until asparagus starts to get golden and slightly soft. Remove and cut into 2"/4cm pieces.
- Fill a medium-size saucepan with cold water and add a pinch of salt. Add eggs and bring to boil.
- Once boiling, turn off heat and leave to sit on the hot pan for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove eggs and run under cold water. Then gently peel and slice eggs in half lengthways.
- In the last 3-4 minutes of cooking the eggs, place green beans in the hot water with the boiled eggs and blanch. Run under cold water with eggs to stop the cooking process.
- Place arugula/rocket in a large salad bowl.
- Drain the canned artichokes (don't wash, it reduces the saltiness of the salad) and gently squeeze out any excess water. Use hands to gently tear asparagus into pieces.
- Place artichokes in a salad bowl, then add roasted asparagus and green beans. Arrange the hard-boiled eggs so that they look pretty!
- Sprinkle over green onions, mint, and pine nuts.
- Finish by adding about half of the goat cheese. You want to pick off just small pieces from the log and sprinkle it roughly through the salad.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and toss.
Afraid you'll miss a post? Subscribe today and receive updates on new posts, and bonus recipes and information! Follow along on Instagram, Facebook for food inspo and adventures, or see what I'm loving on Pinterest!
This recipe originally appeared on THCK in April 2017 and has since been changed slightly for extra deliciousness!
Any plans for Spring? What foods are you loving at the moment?