These canned salmon burgers with wasabi mayo are perfect all year round. A light, fresh salmon burger on top of a beautiful, crunchy ciabatta bread roll, topped with a dollop of wasabi mayo, your taste buds will be in absolute heaven! Nothing beats the combination of salmon, wasabi, and fresh, crunchy vegetables!
I was going to call it and say Easter was my favourite holiday of the year, but I can’t. Christmas you still win, Easter you come in at second place.
I don’t know what it is about Easter, I just love it. Usually in Australia at this time of year, the weather is still quite warm, the seasons are changing into autumn and it’s generally a beautiful time of year.
While over the years, less and less time has been spent with family at Easter, it is still a special time of year for us celebrating with friends.
For the past 3 years or so we’ve hosted what we like to call our ‘orphans Easter’. This was a party for anyone, like ourselves, who wasn’t around family for that time of year.
It usually included an epic seafood dinner party on Good Friday, followed by some quality beach time or outdoor time spent with our friends.
While I’m not overly religious, seafood was always the norm for Good Friday.
Our Good Friday feasts would usually include a huge bowl of prawns, a stuffed snapper and a ton of fresh salads, and of course chocolate. In my eyes, you can’t have Easter without chocolate!
The burgers themselves are quite simple, I purposely went for tinned salmon because it would cut down on preparation time, and kept the bun ingredients to a minimal.
These canned salmon burgers with wasabi mayo are fresh, utilizing the flavours of the herbs and salad bun ingredients, and have the perfect amount of kick to them with the wasabi.
I absolutely love wasabi, and the heat of the wasabi marries perfectly to the salmon. If you’ve ever eaten fresh salmon or sashimi, you know what I’m talking about!
So here’s to a happy Easter! May your Easter be filled with celebrations with friends, family, food, wine, and fun! – Georgie x x
Canned Salmon Burgers with Wasabi Mayo
- 14.75 oz pink salmon canned, drained
- 5 green onions finely sliced
- 9 oz white potato 1 large
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp wasabi paste note 1
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil or grapeseed oil for frying
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs for rolling patties
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 3 radishes
- 4 ciabatta buns note 2
- Dice potatoes into small pieces and boil potato in cold water until soft when poked with a knife
- In a large bowl, smash up drained salmon, and stir in dill, green onion and cilantro.
- Drain potatoes and mash potato in saucepan
- Add potato to salmon mix and stir to combine
- Mix in panko crumbs, eggs and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper and taste.
- Roll patties into 4 pattie shape.
- Roll in panko breadcrumbs
- Heat olive oil/grapeseed oil in a fry pan or skillet.
- Fry salmon pattie on one side for 3-4 minutes, then flip and do the same for the other.
- Place arugula on bun, top with radish and red onion.
- Combine wasabi and mayonnaise in a bowl and dollop onto salmon pattie. Top with burger bun top!
This recipe first appeared on the blog in March 2017 and has since been updated and retweaked for extra tastiness!
Afraid you’ll miss a post? Subscribe today and receive updates on new posts, and bonus recipes and information! Follow along on Instagram, Facebook for food inspo and adventures, or see what I’m loving on Pinterest!
Want more recipes like these salmon burgers for Easter? Try;
- This seafood risotto is a great dish for Good Friday!
- A light and refreshing salad, this watermelon, and mint salad is great for Easter Sunday lunch!
- I love the freshness of this one bowl lemon coconut tart! Perfect for spring!
- This is a great dish for Sunday brunch! We love this mushroom goat cheese bruschetta!
- I love, love, LOVE this strawberry ricotta and balsamic bruschetta
- What’s Easter without a killer dip!
When did our sweet boy become so destructive!!! He went through a phase of taking EVERYTHING including my newly purchased packet of q-tips. Here he is looking so proud of his achievement!!