A gorgeous, colourful, light and fresh salad. This smoked salmon salad wreath is a gorgeous recipe for any time of the week! On the table in under 15 minutes, it doesn't get much better than this.
Ok, so I know I'm bringing you two salmon recipes in a row, but I swear, you're going to LOVE this gorgeous smoked salmon salad. And a bonus, you can totally make it into a wreath for a gorgeous Christmas Day dinner!
I love, love, love hot smoked salmon! It is so versatile, and so easy, you can put it in pasta (hello smoked salmon pasta), add it to salads, eat it on a charcuterie board and make it into a dip. It's super versatile, and saves so much cooking and prep time.
This smoked salmon wreath is a simple, yet flavourful salad that can be ready, on the table in under 20 minutes. I am so excited to share the little shortcuts I take to make this recipe quick and easy. But don't worry, these shortcuts do not alter the flavour at all!
Smoked Salmon Salad Wreath
The Key Ingredients
As I mentioned, I love this recipe because there are so many shortcuts you can make!
Firstly, you'll need hot smoked salmon. This is available in most supermarkets in Australia, and Traders Joe's if you're in the US. Hot smoked salmon is great because it's already cooked and ready to go. All you need to do is pull it apart and add it to the salad.
The next short cut you can make is buying precooked beetroots. These are available in the vegetable section of supermarkets and I love them! I buy the brand 'Love Beet's'. You'll need about four precooked beetroots for this recipe.
Once you've got your precooked beets and salmon, you'll need the remaining ingredients.
- 1 small bulb of fresh fennel, finely sliced
- 1 small red apple finely sliced
- around 3 cups of fresh greens
- ½ a small red onion, finely sliced
The horseradish sauce is the star of this salad. It adds a creamy element to it and the horseradish pairs so beautifully with the salmon, adding a hint of pepper to the salad. To make the horseradish sauce you combine horseradish cream, greek yogurt, dill, lemon and salt and pepper.
Horseradish is easy to find in supermarkets. I love using the Masterfoods brand.
Assembling the Salad
This salad recipe is gorgeous for a special occasion, especially Christmas. I love to make the salad around a bowl of horseradish cream to make it look like a Christmas wreath.
You add the salad leaves first, then top with the remaining ingredients around the bowl of horseradish cream. This salad has a real visual element to it, so it's always nice to take care in the presentation, laying out each part of the salad nicely.
This is a gorgeous salad for any occasion, and will look absolutely beautiful on your table this holiday season!
And remember, if you made this recipe, I'd love to see! Leave a comment and a star rating, it means the world to me!
Georgie x x
Want more salads? Try these;
Smoked Salmon Salad Wreath
- 150 g hot smoked salmon 5.5 oz
- 1 small fennel bulb sliced finely
- ½ red onion finely sliced
- 4 precooked beetroots diced
- 1 red apple finely sliced
- 3 cup salad greens
- ¾ teaspoon horseradish cream
- 3 tablespoon greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 sprigs of dill finely diced
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients for the horseradish cream into a bowl. Taste and adjust flavours. Sometime I add more horseradish cream or lemon for extra punch.
- Place horseradish cream in the centre of a large platter.
- Lay out the salad greens, then top the salad with the remaining ingredients. Use a fork or your hands to shred the salmon.
- Add some extra dill sprigs for decoration.
- To serve, dollop the horseradish cream on the salad, toss and serve.
Afraid you’ll miss a post? Subscribe today and receive updates on new posts, and bonus recipes and information! Follow along on Instagram, Facebook for food inspo and adventures, or see what I’m loving on Pinterest!