Thai Salad - a super fresh, light and healthy salad with the flavours of Thailand. This is a great recipe to make for a crowd if you're looking to freshen up, and glam your dinner time!
Whoops, I accidentally brought two Thai recipes in two weeks (hello salmon curry!)! What can I say, I love Thai food!
Leafy Green Thai Salad
This salad is light, fresh and healthy - everything you look for in a salad. A simple green salad turned extraordinary, a must have at your next gathering!
This salad has fresh vegetables, and is combined with a beautiful, lightly spiced Thai inspired dressing.
Thai Salad Ingredients
Fresh veggies are the key to this dish. This Thai salad used a leafy green based, and is then topped with fresh veggies.
- salad greens
- Lebanese/Persian cucumber
- red onion finely sliced
- red capsicum/red pepper
- fresh herbs
How to Cut Your Veggies
The methods used to cut the cucumber, carrot and capsicum is called Julienning.
To julienne a vegetable simple means to cut them into match sticks. You want your carrot, cucumber and capsicum to be cut into thin matchsticks for this salad.
How to Make the Thai Dressing
The dressing is the key element of this salad. Without it, the salad is super plan and bland. It brings the Thai flavour to the salad and should not be skipped.
To make the dressing you'll need;
- red chili
- tamari soy (or soy sauce)
- coconut sugar, brown sugar or white sugar
- fish sauce
- sesame oil
- lime juice
Combine these ingredients into a jar and shake well, adjusting flavours as you go.
Thai cooking requires a balance of sweetness, saltiness, spice and sourness.
What to Serve Thai Salad With
This salad basically goes with anything, but in particular, pairs really well with light proteins such as salmon.
You could also serve it with beef marinated in a bit of lime juice, chili, tamari soy and sesame oil.
Want more Thai recipes? Try these
- Thai Chicken Sausage Rolls
- Thai Red Curry with Chicken
- Red Salmon Curry
- Thai Vermicelli Noodle Salad by It's Not Complicated
- Thai Chicken Larb by It's Not Complicated
- Thai Pomelo Salad with Roast Duck by The Devil Wears Salad
If You're Looking for More Salad Recipes, try this!
- 3 cups mixed salad green
- 1 Lebanese cucumber julienned (also known as a Persian cucumber)
- ¼ cup red onion very finely sliced
- ¾ red pepper finely sliced
- 1 carrot julienned
- ¼ cup mint roughly chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp peanuts roughly chopped
- ½ red chilli seeds removed finely diced (note 1)
- 2 tbs tamari note 2
- 2 tsp coconut sugar note 3
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Slice onion, cucumber, carrot and red pepper.
- Place salad leaves in a large bowl
- Top with onion, cucumber, carrot and red pepper.
- Make dressing by placing all ingredients in a jar and shaking. Adjust flavours according to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad and lightly toss.
- Top salad with bean sprouts, mint, coriander and top with peanuts.
If you loved this recipe, I’d love for you to leave a comment and review! Also, don’t forget to snap a pic of your finished recipe and share it on our on our Instagram account using the hashtag #thehomecookskitchen or tagging me @thehomecookskitchen. I’d love to see your creations!
Afraid you’ll miss a post? Subscribe today and receive updates on new posts, and bonus recipes and information! Follow along on Instagram, Facebook for food inspo and adventures, or see what I’m loving on Pinterest!