These Thai chicken sausage rolls are perfect for game day entertaining! Quick and easy to make, and easily able to make ahead of time!
This recipe for Thai Chicken Sausage Rolls was first published on Sunday Suppers where I am a contributor.
Hello! Happy Friday! I know weird that I’m posting on a Friday huh? But just thought I’d switch and mix things up a little!
I am actually gearing up a few recipes for you for game day! Woop woop! Game day is approaching and there is still plenty of time for you to plan out your perfect game day menu!
Hosting at home, however, can often be a stressful experience, which is why these Thai chicken sausage rolls should be on your menu!
If you’re not familiar with a sausage roll, it’s a minced filling, rolled in puff pastry, and they are so, SO delicious! Sausage rolls actually make the best party food, because they are fuss free, require minimal washing up (hello one bowl), and don’t require any plates or cutlery to be used. The ultimate finger food!
Well, I may not be a huge football fan I will 100% show up to a game day party for the food. And will always bring something delicious for everyone to enjoy!
These Thai chicken sausage rolls are a spin on an old favourite of mine, made with my all time favourite ingredients in Thai cooking! Thai food has a delicate balance between flavours – the sweet, salty, spicy and sour.
In this particular recipe, the sweet and spicy come from the sweet chili sauce, the sour from the lime, and the salty from the fish sauce. These Thai chicken sausage rolls are a perfect balance, they’re light and fresh and crazy easy to make!
So if you’re looking for a perfect game day snack, which can be made ahead of time, this recipe is perfect for you!
Georgie x x
Thai Chicken Sausage Rolls
- 1 lbs chicken , ground
- 1/2 cup onion, grated
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp lime rind
- 1 tab lime juice
- 1 tsp green chili, finely diced (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 sheets puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Defrost puff pastry.
- Squeeze out juice from the onion.
- Place ground chicken, onion, grated carrot, egg, panko breadcrumbs, cilantro, green onions, ginger and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Place sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime rind and juice and chili if using in a small bowl. Stir together, taste and adjust flavours as necessary.
- Place sauces in with ground mince and mix well with hand or wooden spoon until well combined.
- Lay out puff pastry onto a board.
- Cut puff pastry in half longways, creating two equal sized sheets.
- Spoon 1/2 of a cup of ground chicken mixture onto the longest edge of the puff pastry, into a log.
- Carefully roll the puff pastry tightly.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the edge of the puff pastry with lightly beaten egg mixture to seal the roll together.
- Brush top of roll with egg mixture, and sprinkle over sesame seeds.
- Cut into 8 even pieces.
- Repeat process with remaining puff pastry and ground chicken.
- Lay onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until pastry is golden brown and chicken has reached temperature.
Outdoor pup! His legs are so gangly he kept on tripping on branches and rocks!