This easy homemade vegetarian pizza is fresh, simple, easy to make and uses ingredients made from scratch!
Someone asked me the other day what my favourite food was. I had to think about this for a while, but I think in the end it came back to Italian food, in particular pasta and pizza.
Pizza is definitely my go-to takeaway. I freaking love it!
I also really enjoy a good quality homemade pizza, and let me tell you, I’ve pretty much nailed making my own pizza dough from scratch!
A little while back we shared the recipe for our pizza dough, and since then I have been making so many different variations to try. It just tastes so much better than store-bought, and you know exactly what went into it, base and all.
In an effort to also try more vegetarian dishes, I decided to trial a new recipe for an easy homemade vegetarian recipe that showcased fresh, light and just damn delicious ingredients!
Our homemade vegetarian pizza is so easy to make, doesn’t use any nasty sugar laden sauces and really only takes a few minutes to prepare once the dough has been made. This pizza is made with just simple, fresh and delicious ingredients!
We really encourage you guys to try making our pizza dough recipe as well because it is seriously good! Yes it takes a little longer than store-bought, but honestly the quality is so much better that you won’t regret it!
Our easy homemade vegetarian pizza is light,simple, fresh, packed full of veggies and oh so good! A must try for anyone!
PS – we realise that there are probably too many mushrooms, capsicum and probably sweet potato listed in the recipe, we factored in that if you’re anything like us, you’d probably end up eating half of the ingredients listed!
- 1 homemade pizza base * or 1 store-bought pizza base
- ¼ sweet potato diced
- ¼ red onion finely sliced
- 2 mushrooms finely sliced (about 30g)
- ¼ red bell pepper sliced (about 30g)
- 5 fresh basil leaves roughly sliced
- 5 bocconcini balls
- ¼ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (+1 teaspoon for roasting sweet potato)
- salt to taste
- Preaheat oven to 200C/400F
- Toss sweet potato in about 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil and some salt and pepper.
- Roast sweet potato for 20 minutes, or until golden brown
- Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil on pizza base and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese
- Top evenly with roasted sweet potato, onion, mushroom, red pepper, bocconcini and about half the basil. Add more cheese if desired
- Place pizza in oven and bake 20-30 minutes or until base is crispy and light and brown.
- Remove pizza from oven, top with remaining basil, pinenuts and season generously with salt.
- Slice and serve!
* preparation time includes time taken to make pizza dough. If using store-bought preparation time reduces to about 10 minutes
* cooking time includes time taken to roast sweet potato and time taken for pizza to cook
Join the Discussion!
Favourite pizza combo?
What is your favourite food ever?