These green beans with hazelnut garlic butter make the perfect Christmas side! Crunchy, buttery, with a hint of garlic, everyone needs a little greenery this Christmas!
Ok, so this is going to be a short post because I'm kind of starting to run out of things to say for our Christmas posts. Other than the fact that Christmas, and next week we will be BACK IN AUSTRALIA!!!
Oh, man, we are both so excited to be going home!
Things I'm going to do when I get home:
- Meet my niece for the first time
- Eat all the brunch
- Have at least two coffees per day
- Spend time in Sydney catching up with friends we haven't seen for about 2 years
- Bask in the sunshine and embrace the Summer food
- Go to the beach and chill
- Have a long deserved catch up with all the family
- Have a long deserved catch up with my bestie
- Go shopping
- Plan and finalize everything for OUR WEDDING!!!!!!!
Seriously cannot wait - it has been way too long!
I'm mildly surprised at my ability to keep up with my Christmas posts this month if I'm honest. We have been so busy and there has literally been no daylight. It has been snowing in Portland. SNOWING can't even deal. Paired with the fact that the sun sets at 4.30, it's been a miracle that I've got to this and haven't missed a day!
These beans are so easy to make - blanch, add garlic and butter, add hazelnuts and eat. I love cooking food that is easy to make. Especially at Christmas time, you want to avoid the stress of cooking difficult meals. This dish is also completely customizable depending on how many people you are cooking for.
I found ½lb/200g of beans was perfect just for two, but you can easily just up the amounts for more!
So happy Christmas baking! And remember to tag us on Instagram #thehomecookskitchen, we'd love to see your work!
Green Beans With Hazelnut Garlic Butter
- ½ lbs green beans
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ tablespoon hazelnuts crushed
- Top and tail beans.
- Blanch beans - place beans in a large bowl and pour boiling water over them. Sit for 90 seconds, drain then immediately run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Dry off beans with a paper towel, wipe out water from bowl and place beans back into it.
- Melt butter for 20 seconds in microwave.
- Add garlic to butter mixture.
- Pour garlic butter over beans and toss.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts.
Join the Discussion!
What are you most looking forward to this Christmas season?
Afraid you'll miss a post? Subscribe today and receive updates on new posts, and bonus recipes and information! Follow along on instagram, facebook for food inspo and adventures, or see what I'm loving on pinterest!