This beetroot hummus dip is a beautiful spin on a classic! Quick and easy to make, it’s a winner for the Christmas table!
Unlike the last post, this one is actually going to be short and sweet, because frankly I am exhausted and yet it is only 6.45pm on a Thursday!
Today was a snow day! I never thought it would snow in Portland, but today proved that wrong!
I had a wonderful day of eating, cooking and curling up on the couch reading! It was magical! Every day should be a snow day!
I also made Christmas Moscow mules and drank red wine. It was delightful and a good reminder that sometimes you just need a day to do nothing!
Yesterday I made this delicious beetroot hummus dip after getting some inspiration from Goodful!
We stuck with our regular recipe and just made a few minor adjustments!
This beetroot hummus dip is; easy to make, delicious, fresh and has just the most amazing color! If you need to add a bit of jazz to your Christmas table, then definitely add make this!
Beetroot Hummus Dip
- 15 oz baby beetroots canned, find a low sugar brand
- 15 oz chickpeas canned, rinsed and patted dry with paper towel.
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- 2 tbsp reserve chickpea liquid
- Place chickpeas, beetroots, lemon juice, salt, garlic cloves, cumin and chickpea liquid in a blender.
- Pulse for 30 seconds.
- Place blender on high, then add the olive oil through the funnel of blender while motor is running.
- Blend until hummus is nice and smooth and there are no lumps.
- Adjust taste - I added more cumin and lemon juice but it is dependent on tastes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Join the Discussion
what would you do on a snow day, or lazy day off?