Looking for the perfect summer cocktail? These perfect pink peach margaritas are light and refreshing and ridiculously pink! These are perfect all year round, but especially for summer backyard picnics, baby showers or bridal parties! Cool down this summer and make the most of the gorgeous stone fruit season!
Ummmm. So. I made pink cocktails guys! Like a full-on, bright pink margarita, and it was totally unintentional, but I flippin’ love it! Everyone needs a little more pink in their lives, starting today with this pink peach margarita!
The intention for this cocktail was that it would actually be a beautiful, deep orange colour, as you can see, that was not the case. We ended up with bright pink, and I am not upset about the situation!
So as you may know, I am currently in Europe, meaning I am not able to celebrate 4th of July tomorrow, but I am there in spirit, and if you’re looking for a killer cocktail for the day, pink peach margaritas to the rescue!
Soooo why are they pink?
Well, when I was doing my editorial calendar for the month, I really wanted to do a really summery cocktail for you! And I had peaches in mind, because we had been getting so many beautiful peaches in our Imperfect Produce box! Peaches seemed like the perfect fruit to put into a margarita (spoiler alert, they are amazing to put in margaritas!). So along goes me ready to make my beautiful cocktails, when I realise that the peaches we had were actually white peaches!
So technically this is a white peach cocktail!
When I was blending it up, I realised that the colour of the peach skin made the cocktail that gorgeous pink colour! That, combined with the taste was a winning combination for an accidental cocktail, and the pink peach margarita was born!
How to make these gorgeously outrageous pink peach margaritas
Pretty much as you would a normal margarita – tequila (duh’), triple sec or Cointreau, some kind of sweetener, ice, lime juice, and of course the peach puree.
I always feel like how to make the perfect margarita is heavily debated, and my solution personally, is that it comes down to taste and cost! So with that in mind…
- Cointreau or Triple Sec – so, I am a firm believer in cost effective recipes, which is why I went for triple sec over Cointreau. To me, they have a very similar, unnoticeable taste and honestly, triple sec is SO much cheaper than Cointreau. I rarely use it in cooking, so couldn’t justify the $45 price tag on the Cointreau.
- To sweeten or not to sweeten? -This once again is a debated topic, and personally, I feel like it comes down to the type of margarita you’re making. I love making my frozen raspberry margaritas, but never put any form of sweetener in them. These, on the other hand, I felt like needed just a touch of honey to cut the acidity of the lime. My peaches were also not fully ripe, so they were a little bitter. The moral of this story is just taste and adjust! As well as honey, you could also use simple syrup or agave.
- Salt or no salt? – Once again, a heavily debated topic. I don’t mind either way. I think the saltiness adds a nice touch, but I’d be happy drinking without. So it’s a personal preference once again!
- The pink peach puree – the puree does come out on the thicker side. So if you’re not into pureed fruit, I’d suggest adding some water to the blended peaches. I also found, that when I blended the margaritas with ice, it reduced the thickness of the peach puree.
- Blender vs cocktail shaker – I am the worst cocktail maker ever and don’t actually own a cocktail shaker. I like blended margaritas, so I use my Nutri Ninja to blend everything together with ice. A high powered blender is also needed to make the peach puree. So in my mind, using it to blend everything together saved on dishes too!
Let me know what you’re doing for 4th of July, I’d love to hear!!! Hope you’re celebrating with a cocktail or two, and some delicious food on the grill!
Pink Peach Margaritas
- 3 peaches, white or regular, roughly diced
- 2-4 oz tequila, depending on the strength you like
- 2 oz triple sec
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 oz lime juice
- ice, to serve or blend
- Place the diced peaches, tequila, triple sec, honey and lime juice in a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Option 1 - add ice and continue to blend together in the processor.
- Option 2 - pour margarita mix over ice in a glass, rather than blending first.
- Option 3 - add peaches and a little bit of water to a blender and blend until smooth. Then place the peach puree in a cocktail shaker with the tequila, triple sec, lime juice and honey, shake and pour over ice.
If you loved this recipe, I’d love for you to leave a comment and review! Also, don’t forget to snap a pic of your finished recipe and share it on our on our Instagram account using the hashtag #thehomecookskitchen or tagging me @thehomecookskitchen. I’d love to see your creations!
Afraid you’ll miss a post? Subscribe today and receive updates on new posts, and bonus recipes and information! Follow along on Instagram, Facebook for food inspo and adventures, or see what I’m loving on Pinterest!