This fall harvest pizza celebrates the best produce of the season! A homemade pizza base topped with acorn squash, prosciutto, finely sliced apple and other fally goodness! Perfect for a date night, or girls night in!
I’m back! Not that I was ever really gone, I just needed a week off posting to sort out my life and to get on top of some projects! Sometimes just having a little time off can make the world of diffence! This time last week, I started this post, staring into my screen with not an ounce of motivation or inspiration to complete it!
To me, that was a tell tale sign that I needed to take a moment to step back, get my creative mojo back and post once I was feeling back to my usual self! Which I TOTALLY AM!
I actually had the past five days off work. Wednesday and Thursday was no school for students, so I didn’t get a call in for a job, and Friday was veterans day!
Did I get anything done at all? Barely! Do I feel relaxed and refreshed? Absolutely!
I spent a blissful 5 days catching up on some work that I have for some clients, watching multiple episodes of British cooking shows on Netflix and hours chilling with the Arch man, teaching him some new tricks and skills.
In saying that however, for a short time I will be cutting down my posts to once a week. I hate doing this, but with trying to be a good dog mum, wife, work full time and still maintain blog posts is just a little overwhelming right now!
But let’s get down to business and talk about this fall harvest pizza!
I love this pizza for many reasons.
- it tastes freaking delicious (duh’)
- it uses some of my favourite produce from the season
- it’s perfect for a date night or girls night in. Fire, wine, pizza you feeling me?
I absolutely love making my own homemade pizza, and Adam and I do it quite a bit! We’ll often have friends around for a pizza night on a Friday night and it is really no hassle or fuss at all!
I particularly love making my own pizza base – it tastes so much better than store bought, and I reckon it’s quite an achievement making your own pizzas from scratch! Oh and you look like a total kitchen pro making your own dough! Just sayin.
This harvest pizza is a great way to showcase some beautiful seasonal produce and incorporates flavours and textures that will blow your mind!
Make it today! Doooo it! Now! Go! On your way! Oh and tag me on instagram @thehomecookskitchen if you make it, I’d love to see your work! Georgie x x
- pizza base (store bought or homemade)
- ¼ green apple finely sliced
- 1 cup of arugula
- 3 pieces of proscuitto
- ½ cup of acorn squash, diced (or regular butternut squash or pumpkin)
- handful of dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- ½ cup grated gouda (regular or smoked)
- balsamic glaze to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C
- Dice squash and toss in olive oil and salted and pepper
- Roast in oven 15 to 20 minutes until browned
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the base.
- Spread with half the cheese
- Top with proscuitto, then add acorn squash and apple.
- Sprinkle over pinenuts, cranberries and reamining cheese.
- Bake in oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until base is crispy and lightly browned
- Top with arugula and a drizzle of balsamic glaze
Afraid you’ll miss a post? Subscribe today and receive updates on new posts, and bonus recipes and information! Follow along on instagram, facebook for food inspo and adventures, or see what I’m loving on pinterest!
Waiting patiently for me to finish up a photoshoot!