A simple healthy (ish) pizza perfect for summer entertaining, or any day of the week! This smoked salmon pizza is so easy to make, quick, and combines beautiful fresh, balanced flavours. Once the dough has been made, this pizza is ready in under 30 minutes, meaning it can be whipped up in no time!
Oh heyyyy from New York!
Going to keep this post super short and simple, because let’s face it, right now I am more inclined to spend my time drinking wine, eating pizza and shopping!
Which is basically what I did all day and it was great!
I’ve forgotten how much I love NYC…in small doses!
Today we went to the Chelsea markets and I nearly DIED at all the amazing food and kitchen shops. I also went to Anthropologie and I seriously had to stop myself from spending hundreds (thousands?) of dollars!
The stuff they have to too.damn.nice!
We ate donuts today, walked for 11km, drank wine, ate pizza, shopped and got stuck in the rain, which I’ve heard is pretty typical for a NY summer?
NYC is is so crazy busy, but I love the hustle and bustle of it, the beautiful food, the ease of getting around, and of course the shopping and FOOD!!!! Gimme AALLLLLL the pizza amiright?
Speaking of pizza…
ya got a minute to talk about this smoked salmon pizza with spinach and sour cream?
Yes, this smoked salmon pizza is delightful, and crazy easy to make, oh and it tastes amazing despite it looking like a hot mess (it’s hard taking photos of this pizza guys!!!).
We’ve been making this pizza for quite a few years now and it was a recipe we got online years ago, that I’ve adapted over time. Wouldn’t have a clue where we got it from originally, but it came about a time that we decided to start making our own pizza bases!
Because let’s face it – making your own pizza base is THE best! And actually quite easy to make!
But back to the pizza!
This salmon pizza is great when I want something a little lighter, and can’t really be bothered choppiPizzng (um, where did that come from?) correction: ‘chopping up’ up a whole lot of vegetables!
You simply add cheese to your beautifully made pizza base, bake, add salmon, make a sour cream dressing add spinach and BAM you’re done!
I mean, how easy is that?
Pizza is always a good idea. Homemade smoked salmon pizza that is easy is always the BEST idea!
So there we have it folks – a short, sweet and super simple recipe that will take under 30 minutes and will knock your socks off!
Have a happy Thursday! I will be bringing updates to Instagram very soon! – Georgie x x
- 1 cup of flour
- pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of yeast
- 100ml/3 oz of luke warm water
- 5oz of smoked salmon (note 2)
- ¼ cup packed grated cheese
- ½ tablespoon of olive oil
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 handfuls of spinach (enough to cover pizza)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Dissolve sugar in luke warm water. Sprinkle over yeast and leave 3-4 minutes.
- Add yeast mixture to salt and flour and stir with a spoon.
- Add olive oil, then, using hands, lightly combine the mixture until smooth.
- Set aside covered, 1 hour or until mixture has almost doubled.
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F
- Once dough is ready, punch down then roll out onto a flat, floured surface.
- Roll into shape then mould into a round of square flat tray.
- Sprinkle over ½ tablespoon of olive oil.
- Cover with cheese.
- Place in oven and cook 20 minutes, or until base is brown and cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven, layer over smoked salmon pieces evenly.
- Top with spinach, and then drizzle over sour cream mix.
- Season with pepper and serve
note 2 - I bought a 7oz packet of smoked salmon and used about 5 oz of it. Use as much or as little as you desire.