Perfectly cooked, homemade lamb burgers with feta! Just in time for Memorial Day weekend. Summer is coming, it’s time to celebrate by firing up the grill and get your backyard party game strong!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. If you buy a product we may receive a small commission! Thank you for supporting THCK!
Happy Tuesday! And happy almost long weekend! I think this is the first long weekend that Adam and I have had together in a long time, and I am so stoked!
I really don’t think we are planning much though. Adam had an unfortunate incident at football training the other weekend that ended with a fractured wrist, so he’s kinda out for a little while in the fun department! But I’m thinking hiking, relaxing, gardening and whipping up another batch of these lamb burgers with feta!
I am so happy the weather is finally starting to turn! The days are beautiful at the moment, and our backyard is probably one more month away from being finished! We’ve been growing grass and made a veggie garden bed. Now we just need a hammock, some outdoor furniture and some corn hole for summer backyard parties!
Speaking of summer backyard parties, these stuffed lamb burgers with feta would be the shiz for weekend grilling parties!
As an Australian, I freaking LOVE lamb! It’s probably my favourite meat, hence why I immediately thought that lamb burgers with be amazing for a blog post!
These stuffed lamb burgers are;
- easy to make (we’re talking, like 5 mins prep, 10 mins to cook!)
- flavourful (hello za’atar spice, and gooey feta cheese in the middle)
- great for large parties (makes 6 patties!)
- adaptable to a barbecue or cast iron grill
- light and fresh aka perfect for summer!
How to make lamb burgers with feta
As I mentioned before, these are crazy easy to make and require a few simple ingredients!
- You’ll start by mixing the lamb burger ingredients together.
- Then you’ll grab a hefty chunk of feta to stuff in the burgers.
- Then you’ll cook them for 5-8 minutes on each side.
- Next, quickly cook up the onion and pepper until they’re soft and nice and charred.
- Lastly, you’ll assemble the burgers together and feast in the sun!
Ground lamb is relatively easy to find in supermarkets. Our local Fred Meyer stores sell it by the pound in the organic meat section. Other butchers or speciality grocers may also have it. If you really can’t find ground lamb, beef will also work!
These burgers can also be grilled on the barbecue as well as on the stove in a large cast iron.
Za’atar spice is also found in many local supermarkets or online. I buy mine from World Market in the spice section and personally, it’s a favourite of mine.
So that’s all folks for today! Happy summer, happy grilling and happy Memorial day weekend! Remember to rate this recipe if you loved it, or tag us on instagram @thehomecooksktichen! We’d love to see your creations.
Lamb Burgers with Feta
A light, and fresh lamb burger with feta cheese stuffed in the middle! Oozing with cheese, and packed full of spices! These lamb burgers are great for weekend grilling, backyard parties and entertaining with friends.
- 1 lbs ground/mince lamb
- 2 1/2 tbsp za'atar spice
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1 yellow/brown onion grated, excess water squeezed out
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 brioche burger buns or any other burger bun that takes your fancy
- 1 yellow/brown onion finely sliced
- 1 red pepper/capsicum finely sliced
- 6 lettuce leaves or spinach, arugula
- 6 tbsp hummus or tatziki
Grate your onion, and squeeze out excess liquid with a nut milk bag or clean tea towel.
Add ground lamb, panko breadcrumbs, egg, parsley, onion, salt and pepper and za'atar spice to a medium-sized bowl.
Use your hands to gently combine the ingredients together.
Take roughly a 1/4 of ground lamb and form into a flat patty shape.
Take around one tbsp. of feta cheese and gently press it into the middle of the patty. Close the feta cheese into the patty, reshape and flatten. Repeat 6 times until mixture is all used up.
Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium to high heat.
Add each patty and cook on each side 5-8 minutes, or until browned and lightly charcoaled. Flip and repeat.
Remove burger patties from the cast iron, and set aside on a clean piece of paper towel to drain some of the excess fat.
Keep cast iron on, and add red pepper/capsicum and yellow/brown onion. Cook 5 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly charcoaled and soft.
Add lettuce to bottom of the burger bun. Top with lamb patty and capsicum/pepper and onion mix. Spread about 1 tbsp of hummus or tzatziki on the underside of the top burger bun.
Eat and enjoy!
If you loved this recipe, I’d love for you to leave a comment and review! Also, don’t forget to snap a pic of your finished recipe and share it on our on our Instagram account using the hashtag #thehomecookskitchen or tagging me @thehomecookskitchen. I’d love to see your creations!
Afraid you’ll miss a post? Subscribe today and receive updates on new posts, and bonus recipes and information! Follow along on Instagram, Facebook for food inspo and adventures, or see what I’m loving on Pinterest.
Want more recipes for Memorial Day?
- This pumpkin, feta and spinach salad is one of my favourites!
- As is this honey mustard potato salad!
- These Thai chicken sausage rolls are a great appetizer!
- Everyone loves these oven-baked Yukon gold fries too.
- These salmon burgers are great for pescetarian friends.
- This watermelon feta salad is so light and fresh!
- Everyone needs dessert! This salted caramel no churn ice cream is the best!