Gorgeous, gooey, buttery, fudgy triple chocolate chip brownies! This is the best chocolate chip brownie recipe you'll need! Easy to make, and oh so delicious it'll be hard to stop at just one!
Why We Love this Recipe
OMG you guys, this recipe! I know that there are a stack of brownies recipes out there on the inter webs, but this one is the ONLY CHOCOLATE BROWNIE RECIPE YOU'LL NEED!
These triple chocolate chip brownies are ridiculously easy to make, requiring simple ingredients found in regular old supermarkets.
They are perfectly crunchy on top, but ooze with beautiful dark and white chocolate when you cut into them.
If you love a brownies that's crispy on the top, and fudgey in the middle, this recipe is the perfect recipe for you!
Ingredients in this Recipe
Sugars - for this recipe you need brown sugar and caster sugar. Caster sugar is readily available in Australia, and is best for baking. However, if you can't find it, regular white sugar will be ok.
Cocoa Powder - good quality cocoa powder is a must. I prefer Cadbury Bournville cocoa powder to use in Australia. Hershey's is a good option in the US.
Flours - for this recipe you require plain white flour and you will need baking powder to help the brownies rise.
Chocolate Chips - for this recipe you need dark and white chocolate chips. Personal preference you can use small or large. I prefer to use small dark and larger white.
Butter - you need to melt your butter prior to adding it to the brownie mix. Place in a small bowl and melt in the microwave in 30 second increments so the butter doesn't pop and get your microwave messy.
Eggs - you will need 3 eggs lightly beaten with a small whisk or fork.
Vanilla - you can either use vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste.
Step by Step Instructions
The beauty of this recipe, is that all the ingredients can be thrown into a bowl and mixed together for ease. For full instructions please see the recipe card.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Grease a 20x20cm/8x8" rectangular or square baking tray with a little butter, then line with baking paper/parchment paper.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl and add in the chocolate chips.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add to the dry ingredients with the vanilla and eggs.
- Mix well until combined, then pour into your prepared tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until brownies are crunchy on top and soft to the touch.
Tips for Success & FAQ
What is the best way to cut brownies?
The key to cutting clean, straight brownies comes down to a few things.
- To get clean cuts, brownies need to be fully cooled. To speed up this process I flip my brownies onto a wire rack and cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, before popping them in the freezer for 20 minutes or so.
- Use a sharp, clean knife.
- Use can dip your knife into hot water before cutting, and wipe it dry.
- Use a ruler to cut perfectly even squares!
Usually I find the easiest method is to just let your brownies fully cool!
How Should I Store Brownies?
Once fully cooled, I store my brownies in an air tight container.
I layer the bottom of my container with baking paper (parchment paper), then place one layer of brownies on the paper.
I then place another layer of parchment paper on top of the brownies before layering the next lot. Continue this until your container is full.
How Long Do These Brownies Last?
I guarantee these won't last long because they taste SO good! But they will last 3-4 days in an air tight container in the pantry. They are still moist after 3 days!
This recipe is great if you need something quick and easy to take around to a friends house, or a quick dessert or pot luck sweet treat! These will be your go-to brownies!
If you loved this recipe, rate it and leave a reply, we love your feedback on theHCK!
Want more chocolate desserts?
- Chocolate Self-Saucing Pudding
- Flourless Chocolate Torte
- Chocolate Meringues
- Chocolate Ginger Cookies
- Chocolate Coated Strawberries - by It's Not Complicated Recipes
- Vegan Chocolate Mousse - by A Baking Journey
- Chocolate Nests - by Mrs Jones' Kitchen
Triple Chocolate Chip Brownies
- 130 g brown sugar ¾ cup packed
- 110 g caster sugar/white sugar ½ cup
- 75 g cocoa powder ¾ cup
- 75 g plain flour ½ cup
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 100 g dark chocolate chips 1 cup of small chips
- 100 g white chocolate chips 1 cup of small chips
- 150 g butter ⅔ cups
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 180C/35F.
- Lightly grease a 20x20cm/8x8" baking tray with butter and line it with parchment paper.
- Sift the cocoa, brown sugar, caster sugar and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the white and chocolate chips.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and lightly beat the eggs.
- Add eggs, butter and vanilla to the dry ingredients.
- Stir until combined with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Pour brownie mix into your prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until it's firm to the touch. The brownie should be crunchy on top. It will continue to cook as it cools and becomes firmer as well.
- Cool completly then cut into 12 even squares and serve.
Afraid you'll miss a post? Subscribe today and receive updates on new posts, and bonus recipes and information! Follow along on Instagram, Facebook for food inspo and adventures, or see what I'm loving on Pinterest!