A perfect summer meal, these healthy fish tacos with avocado lime cream are so delicious and easy to make! A smoky, flavoured fish filling, with crunchy vegetables and a creamy avocado lime cream sauce, you can’t go wrong with these!
Hello! Happy Almost Cinco de Mayo!
If you’re looking for a quick, easy taco recipe that will cater for pescetarian/pork evaders/don’t like beef or chicken taco friends, then this recipe is for you!
I present…Healthy Fish Tacos made with the easiest homemade taco sauce!
These tacos are so damn good, you’ll be wanting to eat them all yourself till you reach what I call ‘taco coma’. Aka when you’re sitting on the couch, pants unzipped, groaning about how you shouldn’t have eaten that last taco, but not secretly upset about it?
Don’t lie to me, we’ve all been there!
I freaking love tacos, or any Mexican food and I’m having some serious Mexico withdrawals. Almost this time last year we were about to embark on our honeymoon to Mexico and Cuba, and this spring weather has been making me want to jump straight on a plane back to Playa del Carmen!
So while I’m dreaming of Mexico I’m taking you to taco town, and while I don’t think these are traditionally Mexican, they are stupidly delicious!
I absolutely adore cooking with fish, and actually, prefer a pescetarian diet to eating a whole lot of red meat. So if you’re into fish, then this is the recipe for you!
I decided to keep this recipe really simple, and jazzing it up a little bit with homemade taco seasoning, and the super creamy avocado lime dressing.
But that dressing though!
In fact, I think the avocado lime dressing takes the cake in this recipe. The tang of the lime paired with the creamy texture of the avocado and yoghurt make it a beautiful and light cream that is perfect for warmer weather. In fact, with any leftovers, you could always use it on a salad the next day!
This salad is texturized with the crunch of the cabbage and radish, and the creaminess of the fish and dressing. They marriage perfectly together and really completes the entire dish!
I love that this recipe is so easy to make, and took me about 20 minutes from start to finish. The hardest thing you’ll have to do is to chop the vegetables!
So that’s a wrap for today! Keep tuned for some new posts this Thursday!
Let me know if you make these healthy fish tacos with avocado lime cream! Tag us on Instagram @thehomecookskitchen for a chance to be featured!
Much love – Georgie x x
Healthy Fish Tacos with Avocado Lime Cream
- 1/2 lbs tilapia, or any other firm white fish
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil, for frying
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chilli
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt, to taste
- 1.5 oz red cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 radishes, finely sliced
- 4 flour tortillas, note 1
- 1 tbsp cilantro, garnish
Avocado Cream Sauce
- 2 oz avocado, about 1/4 to half an avocado
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro, loosely packed
- 1 tbsp greek yoghurt, unflavoured
- 4 tbsp water
- Place the taco seasoning ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Cut tilapia into bite size pieces (about 1 inch by 1 inch)
- Place fish in bowl with taco seasoning and coat well. Set aside.
Avocado Lime Dressing
- Combine avocado, lime juice, cilantro, greek yoghurt, water and salt and pepper in a blender. Blend until well combined and smooth.
- Taste and adjust salt, pepper and lime if required.
Cooking And Assembly
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet (or fry pan) over medium to high heat.
- Add tilapia, cooking 3-5 minutes or until fish is cooked through and white.
- Assemble tacos by placing fish in tortilla, topped with cabbage and radish. Dollop over avocado lime cream and garnish with cilantro.
- Enjoy with a cold beer or glass of bubbly!
What’s been happening?
what’s been going on in your life? I would love to hear 🙂
Afraid you’ll miss a post? Subscribe today and receive updates on new posts, and bonus recipes and information! Follow along on Instagram, Facebook for food inspo and adventures, or see what I’m loving on Pinterest!