A perfect summer meal, these fish tacos with avocado lime cream are so delicious and easy to make! A smoky, flavoured fish filling, with crunchy vegetables and a creamy avocado lime cream sauce, you can’t go wrong with these!
Hello! I feel like it’s been ages since I’ve actually talked to you guys! What’s been happening?
I’m going to keep this post relatively short today. I’m trying to figure out if I’m coming down with a cold. I feel so dopey, have a runny nose, cough and a mad headache! Hoping it’s just a bad bout of hay fever, but it’s kinda knocked me out!
But let’s talk about these fish tacos with avocado lime dressing!
I haven’t really done a recipe for a while, and I am so excited to bring you this delicious, recipe for easy fish tacos with avocado lime cream!
It feels like ages since we were in Mexico, and I am still dreaming of warm, sunny days spent lazing by the pool. I don’t necessary miss the humidity, but it was so lovely being on holidays!
I did find though that when I came home, I just have not felt like Mexican food. You know when you go to a place, and just eat one or two things, then can’t face it for a while? Well that was me with tacos. As much as I loved them being away, I haven’t been able to eat them since I got back – I think I over did it!
So today (well yesterday, which was when I made them) marks the first time eating tacos since Mexico, and while I don’t think these are traditionally Mexican, they are stupidly delicious!
I absolutely adore cooking with fish, and actually prefer a pescetarian diet to eating a whole lot of red meat. So if you’re into fish, then this is the recipe for you!
I decided to keep this recipe really simple, and jazzing it up a little bit with homemade taco seasoning, and the super creamy avocado lime dressing.
But that dressing though!
In fact, I think the avocado lime dressing takes the cake in this recipe. The tang of the lime paired with the creamy texture from the avocado and yoghurt make it a beautiful and light cream that is perfect for warmer weather. In fact, with any leftovers you could always use it on a salad the next day!
I love that this recipe is so easy to make, and took me about 20 minutes from start to finish. The hardest thing you’ll have to do is to chop the vegetables!
So that’s a wrap for today! Keep tuned for some new posts this Thursday!
Let me know if you make these fish tacos with avocado lime cream! Tag us on Instagram #thehomecookskitchen for a chance to be featured!
Much love – Georgie x x
- ½ lb tilapia (or any other firm white fish)
- ½ tablespoon of olive oil (for cooking)
- Taco Seasoning!
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- salt to taste
- 1.5 oz/40g red cabbage finely sliced
- 2 radishes very fine sliced
- 4 flour or corn tortillas (note 1)
- cilantro/coriander to garnish
- Avocado Lime Cream!
- ¼ a medium avocado
- juice of ½ a lime
- 2 tablespoons of loosely packed cilantro/coriander
- 1 tablespoon plain greek yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons of water
- Place the taco seasoning ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Cut tilapia into bite size pieces (about 1 inch by 1 inch)
- Place fish in bowl with taco seasoning and coat well. Set aside.
- Combine avocado, lime juice, cilantro, greek yoghurt, water and salt and pepper in a blender. Blend until well combined and smooth.
- Taste and adjust salt, pepper and lime if required.
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet (or fry pan) over medium to high heat.
- Add tilapia, cooking 3-5 minutes or until fish is cooked through and white.
- Assemble tacos by placing fish in tortilla, topped with cabbage and radish. Dollop over avocado lime cream and garnish with cilantro.
- Enjoy with a cold beer or glass of bubbly!
On another note, this makes 4 tacos. Double ingredients to feed more people!
What’s been happening?
what’s been going on in your life? I would love to hear 🙂